Hacking through vines

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

lkbalboa

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:05 am

They're vines. They grow and cover an exit, but they aren't maintained and don't keep growing. Maybe after 20 minutes (so people on the other side don't start hacking through immediately), a threaded action can be done to cut through them? Or what would be some other way to balance not-being-stuck-in-a-room-forever with not-letting-people-barge-through?

Rothgar

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:41 am

I'm in support of any idea that allows for balancing of these spells. I'd suggest that, perhaps as well, they could be lit on fire by Mundanes? Or maybe there can be a specific chopping item (like a woodcutting axe) that can be used to do something - anything - against spells of that nature.
Rothgar Astartes, Fyurii Rynnya, Nils 'Smith' Mattias, Edward Darson, Curos Arents.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:19 am

I think any spells of this nature, the fire wall spell, the "Energy field" spell, needs something done. While I don't think having a way to get rid of them is the solution, I do think the timers should be reduced drastically. 6th circle mage can put up a barrier spell and have it last 6 hours, which if memory serves me right is 24 hours icly. I think such spells should be reduced to a flat 1 or 2 hours. This gives mages time to get what they need to do done, especially since most presently just put up the spell and bugger off within an hour, hindering their victims rp and leaving anyone whose on the outside just twiddling their thumbs.
Lurks the Forums

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:28 am

Depending on how it's done, it creates situations where the only solution at times feels like logging out is the only way to go. Trapping someone else in a space for 6 hours in which they can't get RP feels sort of more like a punishment to the other player.

Geras

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:24 pm

You can still yell through the wall...

But yah, 1 hour IRL tops would be generous even. Re-cast the spell if you want longer (you should able to reset it with a fresh cast I hope).

Niamh
Discord Handle: Niamh#3824

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:20 am

Added to talking points.

• Information