Taxes

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Delphine

Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:38 am

Alright, just putting in a formal suggestion for this: that there be some command that you can type and it show you a breakdown of all the taxes your character is paying. Or, barring that, if you have autotax on, it shows how much has come out of your account when you type pay list or something.

I would also suggest there be something similar for guilds, not with the showing how much you overall owe (we already have that), but rather the breakdown of the taxes.

Thanks for considering!
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

Andruid

Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Just to be clear, do you mean a breakdown that shows shop taxes as separate from phome taxes, for example?

(We already have a breakdown to show all the individual items for tax upkeep. Type UPKEEP.)

Taxes are calculated in the same manner for homes, guilds, and shops, AFAIK. Assuming all guild-owned rooms are "wood," it would be 15 silver per room, as listed under HELP HOME.

Delphine

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:04 pm

Andruid wrote:Just to be clear, do you mean a breakdown that shows shop taxes as separate from phome taxes, for example?

(We already have a breakdown to show all the individual items for tax upkeep. Type UPKEEP.)

Taxes are calculated in the same manner for homes, guilds, and shops, AFAIK. Assuming all guild-owned rooms are "wood," it would be 15 silver per room, as listed under HELP HOME.
Andruid to the rescue again! I asked last night on visnet if there was a way to see a breakdown and I was told no, that there's not. So thank you for that <3 This has been driving me insane.

I think the UPKEEP command should be added to the help tax file to help make that more clear. Help tax just references the command TAX UPKEEP which pays the weekly fees instead of showing a breakdown. And maybe also this should be added to the bottom of help retainer taxes as that's the helpfile everyone kept suggesting when I asked if there was a way to see a breakdown. Like down at the bottom, you could add: SEE ALSO HELP UPKEEP.

I didn't realize that the upkeep command even existed. And apparently not a whole lot of other people did either. Or if they did, they weren't offering up that information when I asked. Which is cool.

In regards to guilds, I know how the taxes are calculated. But do you know how much of a nightmare it was to go to EVERY merchant-owned property and count rooms and calculate up how much the taxes are for each property to figure out the breakdown of our taxes? And apparently I miscounted on at least one because I'm a dummy. It would have been cool if there was like a command for GLs that was like GUILD UPKEEP or something and it printed out like:

NAME OF BUILDING MATERIAL LOCATION # of ROOMS TAX

But maybe this is just something only the merchant GL would want because we have like 10 properties not including the guild hall >_>

For the record, I now have all of this information in a spreadsheet. I'm just thinking about the sanity of future generations. Or maybe I'm the only person in the game who would be interested in this and maybe no one else cares about a breakdown of taxes like that. Which is totally cool and then feel free to disregard this.
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

Puciek

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:17 pm

I would absolutely love a breakdown, though I imagine it may take some coding to do, so seconded.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

• Information