Cigars?

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Delphine

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Starstarfish wrote:Going with Kinaed's thoughts, indeed a cigar type roll of tobacco into other leaves is originally how Columbus reported the Tainos of Cuba smoked tobacco when he first encountered it.
Smoking in pipes actually came after, arguably, historically/technology wise.

I think one thought would be - could we add an @smoke of some kind (or is there already one and I'm a noob) so that if we did have a cigar type item, or even with the smoking items one can craft now people could indeed give them a custom taste? With a druggist asset now, it would be cool if someone could indeed be a smoke shop with things customized with tastes, etc.
Oh, I would love that! Another MUD I once played on had craftable cigars that you could flavor and I always had a blast coming up with different combinations.

*likes playing merchants, if you couldn't tell* >_>
Kinaed wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I don't like the idea. Tobacco existed amongst the Native Americans long before being introduced to Europe, and we have a pseudo Native American/Uighur fantasy culture called the Charali, so that brings things like that into scope.

My correction regarding the technology was mostly on the basis that I didn't want a dozen renaissance ideas to pop up because I let everyone think 16th century technology is where we're at.
Oh, I understand! I hope I didn't come across like a know-it-all :) The point I was trying to make was that cigars and tobacco, historically, went hand-in-hand (as Star pointed out; thank you, Star!) So I think it'd be themely to include them. I'm sorry for not making that point well. I blame a potential lack of caffeine (it's always a lack of caffeine!)
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

• Information