Multiple stamps

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Delphine

Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:53 am

I would like to suggest the ability for one person to have more than one trademark that they can then stamp on an object that they crafted. The object itself could still only bear one trademark, of course. But, like mail profiles, you could have more than one.

So instead of the current system with just stamp edit to edit your stamp, you could stamp add <name of stamp> and then edit it from there. And then stamp by itself or stamp show would show your stamps and you could view them further from there.

So, let's say you had the following stamps:

Billy
Bob
John

Then when you were stamping something you could stamp billy <object> to put the right stamp on there. I would then like to sub-suggest a command like stamp remove that you could only use on things you had crafted/stamped just in case you stamp it with the wrong one.

BUT, DELPHINE. WHY DO YOU NEED MULTIPLE STAMPS? you may be asking yourself.

This would mainly be for the people with split-personality disorder (joking). Or the people who RP as owning NPC-managed shops and maybe they're RPing as the wares coming from elsewhere as opposed to coming from the PC, so it would be nice to have the ability to stamp different business ventures with different trademarks to keep everything separate but still branded.

Or maybe you're a legit merchant by day with your legit merchant stamp but you're a shady merchant with an alias by night and you want a stamp for your shady persona.

Etc. etc.
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

Snefru

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:03 am

I like the shady merchant by night thing. A stamp would help both customers and leave a trail of the stash is discovered.

Delphine

Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:13 am

Snefru wrote:I like the shady merchant by night thing. A stamp would help both customers and leave a trail of the stash is discovered.
That's what I was thinking, too. Like maybe you're a respectable merchant who ALSO RUNS A DRUG RING AND YOU WANT TO STAMP YOUR DRUGS AND LEAVE A TRADEMARK TRAIL WITH YOUR DRUG RING PERSONA. Or something like that.

I'm just not sure how feasible this would be codewise.
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

• Information