Plant/Herd Maturation Progression Indication

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:21 pm

It's looking a bit sparse.

I think a change to a fuzzy indicator of how soon the plant/herd will be ready for harvest is in order. It drives me nuts not knowing how long until I can harvest long-maturing things such as horses.

Suggestions:
It should be ready in a day or two if properly cared for.
It should be ready in about a week if properly cared for.
It should be ready in a few weeks if properly cared for.
it should be ready in about a month if properly cared for.
it should be ready in a few months if properly cared for.

For plants, an additional indication if the current weather is too cold for it to grow may or may not also be worth considering.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:51 am

Eh... This feels a bit much. I mean aside from when you initially plant something, most plants can be harvested once daily, sometimes even more depending on the plant. Same with low-level husbandry to my knowledge.
Lurks the Forums

Taunya

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 am

A Charalin horse herd takes 140 IC days to mature (which I wouldn't have known without asking staff). I keep track of when I establish/harvest/tend them, but even so it took 40 RL days when it should have been closer to 35. With no indication of when they were supposed to be harvestable, it was hard to tell if they were even progressing or when they were supposed to be due.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:23 pm

As per OOC Chat, staff agree this would be reasonable and useful, so it is in our queue.

Taunya

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:40 pm

One more thought- would it be possible to indicate for horses herds (and I suppose dogs and other mob-only herds) if the next will be male or female? It comes up a lot in RP.

Temi

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:56 pm

With the current code, this isn't possible, as the code just loads up a mob of that type and the mob itself randomly decides what gender it will be. It's nothing predetermined, I'm afraid.

• Information