Idle warning

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Puciek

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:00 am

A simple suggestion: give us a toggle in autolist to have 1 minute warning before idling out. It's easy for that to happen even if you are in front of your screen, be it a large and/or slow scene can easily do that, and then it's all sort of trouble of removing afk, resetting action etc. And a simple 1 minute warning would prevent a lot of accidental idle outs.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Delphine

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:16 am

I second this 110%. I idle out a lot of times when RPing with certain people because the scene is just slower and sometimes I forget to fire off a random command when waiting for my turn again to keep myself from idling out.
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Otherwise, is there anyway to allow folks to set what their idle timer is?

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Not inclined to do this as it creates something easily trigger-able to avoid idling completely. Idling serves a purpose, etc.

Puciek

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:29 pm

Well, if someone wants to simply avoid idling out can set up a timer to look at an item every 15 minutes, and gag the output. Something I've actually considered to have strictly for the slow/crowded scenes as idle out prevention when I am actually at the PC. Becuase when you get idled out in middle of the scene for that silly reason, it's quite annoying and immersion breaking moment.

Just to make it clear, I understand why we have an idle timer, add why it's fixed as it is - which is why I don't have such trigger set. Not proposing any change in rules around that etc.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Delphine

Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:45 am

Puciek wrote:Well, if someone wants to simply avoid idling out can set up a timer to look at an item every 15 minutes, and gag the output. Something I've actually considered to have strictly for the slow/crowded scenes as idle out prevention when I am actually at the PC. Becuase when you get idled out in middle of the scene for that silly reason, it's quite annoying and immersion breaking moment.

Just to make it clear, I understand why we have an idle timer, add why it's fixed as it is - which is why I don't have such trigger set. Not proposing any change in rules around that etc.
To be honest, I have a timer that does this that I turn on when I know I'm going into a slow-moving scene so I don't idle out waiting for my turn again. Except my timer fires off "pool" every 20 minutes.

Sometimes I forget to turn it off and it freaks me out xD
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

• Information