Herbalism Planting/tending skill level

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Temi

Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:26 pm

We didn't make them produce a lot of flowers or frequently, so having one could be something special. I worry that if I created a recipe that used several of these, it wouldn't get used due to needing more than one of the plants and having to save them up over time. Do folks think it would be a big need that wouldn't devalue the individuals as desirable?

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:41 am

Temi wrote:We didn't make them produce a lot of flowers or frequently, so having one could be something special. I worry that if I created a recipe that used several of these, it wouldn't get used due to needing more than one of the plants and having to save them up over time. Do folks think it would be a big need that wouldn't devalue the individuals as desirable?
Perhaps a craft(s) to turn them into wearable buttonaires/corsages that preserves their individuality more?

Otherwise there's always potentially adding new Artwork crafts to preserve them in the glass and/or a perfume receipe to turn them into something fancy. :D

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:49 am

I think it's a good idea to have these new flowers to be something that rarely produces, or at such a low rate. I can't see a recipe that would really make use of some of them, give we alreadt have exotic bouquets. Perfumes would also end up having to make several different recipes since these don't seem like flowers that would really blend well together.

So no, I don't think it's a big need and these new flowers would be better served as rarities. I'd rather see the time spent on trying to come up with these recipes be used on updating pre-existing plants. For example pomegranates. I'd love for them to have a proper Taste/eat desc, maybe even an updated string as right now they only say "A pomegranate." Alot of the high-tier plants suffer from this, such as pineapples.
Lurks the Forums

Temi

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:51 am

Starstarfish wrote:Perhaps a craft(s) to turn them into wearable buttonaires/corsages that preserves their individuality more?
Not precluding the eventual possibility of other things, but I've ensured that they can all be worn in the hair/head or on the body to represent a boutonniere in addition to being held.

Delphine

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Temi wrote:
Starstarfish wrote:Perhaps a craft(s) to turn them into wearable buttonaires/corsages that preserves their individuality more?
Not precluding the eventual possibility of other things, but I've ensured that they can all be worn in the hair/head or on the body to represent a boutonniere in addition to being held.
That's really nifty! Thanks, Temi! :)
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

• Information