Herbalism Planting/tending skill level

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Snefru

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:14 am

I took a look at the help plants list, a help file I had not checked in quite a bit of time - since there was no need for me to do so.

Now that Herbalism has been made a non-guild skill and some of the recipes have been placed under craft medicine, I want to suggest the following:
1. The required skill level for planting/tending plants that need skill levels in the range of level 10 to 25 be bumped up by 5.
2. The required skill level for planting/tending plants that need skill levels in the range of 30 to 60 be bumped up by 10.

I also think that some of the recipes themselves need to be bumped up in level requirement (along the whole scale) now that, even after the split, harvesting continues to be a bottom-heavy (below vs above 36) skill.

The point would be, for all things mentioned before, to make it an important enough skill in order to reward those that choose to specialize in.

Temi

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:07 am

What do people think in general? We did skew it towards under 36 for access as a guildskill to those who would have access to those things, so that reasoning no longer exists.

Puciek

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:22 am

I generally agree, maybe even there should be some reshuffling at the top, to have few plants at the 72-75 level to really allow for mastery just like other crafts have
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:57 pm

I don't really see what this would change at all... Unlike most crafting skills, you don't technically need to craft anything to pool and level up this skill, as such even if you bump up the levels, what is that going to do? It's a very, very slight inconvenience, that accomplishes nothing from what I can tell. Though what would be nice to see is perhaps additions to help make it not so bottom heavy

I mean also let's be fair here, with this no longer being a guildskill, anyone specializing in it has lost that "Ooh, I'm a special snowflake as I have mastered this skill that is highly restricted." and instead have become "I've done something anyone can do now with very little effort. I'm no different than someone who masters a combat skill. Infact I'm likely less impressive than the combat master." Ya can't exactly be important if anyone can do it easily. And pooling and leveling herbalism is incredibly easy. Just doesn't have the same importance it once did.
Lurks the Forums

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:00 pm

If the goal was spreading out some of the ranks a bit at the top tiers - adding some of the exotics from other cultures - Farin avocados for example, would be cool.

There's some items on grid currently that can't be grown that would be cool to have the ability to grow.

Puciek

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:14 am

The same as with other skills - that if you want to master the top level recipes, you have to spend a master slot for it. Right now you can tend to all of the plants on an adept slot.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Famine

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:03 pm

Don't forget top level drugs and whatnot if that's an option! Hell, would love a lottery system in place where I can have a 1.0% of generating/creating a new drug in a batch or something with random affects. That'ed be sexy.

Temi

Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:32 pm

Considering how to do this spread a bit, but in the meantime, I've added 8 new flowers at the upper levels, from 65-75. Purely decorative, but we think they're pretty cool.

Starstarfish
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:47 am

Will there be some new super fancy bouquets to make with them? :D

Delphine

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Temi wrote:Considering how to do this spread a bit, but in the meantime, I've added 8 new flowers at the upper levels, from 65-75. Purely decorative, but we think they're pretty cool.
Thank you for the new fancy flowers! It was so hard to not just buy up ALL THE SEEDS... THAT MY CHARACTER CAN'T TEND. The shopping bug. It's real. They all seem very pretty and awesome :D
Starstarfish wrote:Will there be some new super fancy bouquets to make with them? :D
Oooo that'd be bomb. Like a rare flower bouquet.
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

• Information