Guildlist online <guild>

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Puciek

Sun May 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Guildlist is a great tool when trying to arrange specific RP, but trying to find out an online member from the more-crowded guilds currently is a bit of a pain (have to either whois the name or manually scan who list).

I suggest that we expand the command with an option to show only people who are online and visible on the who. This should ease that process for non-seekers who have business with a specific guild, but not a specific person, and as this respects, limitations of who list it shouldn't have any harmful impact.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sun May 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Is it that hard to look at guildlist and then look at who to see who is online?
Lurks the Forums

Taunya

Mon May 22, 2017 1:11 am

It's easier now that the who list is alphabetized, but it can still be a pain as many of the names on TI are not so easy to remember at a glance.

Puciek

Mon May 22, 2017 2:20 am

Voxumo wrote:Is it that hard to look at guildlist and then look at who to see who is online?
For me it is, but that's primarily because my brain struggles to connect names with people. If no one else feels that this command would be useful, I can always script it up in my client instead.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon May 22, 2017 12:01 pm

We have a number of blind players that use screen readers so having to go through that amount of information might indeed be unduly timely/difficult to do. Particularly given that a lot of Guildlists aren't always the most up to date.

If this would be easy enough to do, it would be a help. Critical, perhaps not, but useful, yes.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Mon May 22, 2017 5:26 pm

Starstarfish wrote:
We have a number of blind players that use screen readers so having to go through that amount of information might indeed be unduly timely/difficult to do. Particularly given that a lot of Guildlists aren't always the most up to date.

If this would be easy enough to do, it would be a help. Critical, perhaps not, but useful, yes.
True, I had not considered how it would be beneficial for that percentage of our player base. With that I can understand the usefulness.
Lurks the Forums

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon May 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Seems reasonable to me, I'll ask Az to add it when I can - someone check in to make sure I remembered next week though.

• Information