Woven Silk and Woven Velvet

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Delphine

Tue May 02, 2017 9:51 pm

I think it'd be pretty nifty if, at a certain level, tailors could weave silk and velvet cloth as right now it seems that these are the only fabrics that a tailor HAS to buy as a bolt (and it's so much cheaper to weave your own).

Maybe an item like "filament of silk moth's cocoon" could be added to Seamstress' Delight and that would be the base material for both silk and velvet as I'm assuming, given the general time period TI is set in, the velvet in-game is "silk velvet" as opposed to the "cotton velvet" that is more widely available today. Honestly, what makes velvet unique is how it's made which requires a special loom. So, if we were wanting to get super, hyper realistic, adding in another loom ("a velvet loom") would also be required, though since looms already exist, I don't think that'd be too hard. MAYBE. I dunno. The only thing I can code is websites.

And then BOOM. It could work just like woven wool cloth and light woven cloth recipes! And for both you'd have to weave the filament into thread first and then do your loom-y thing (using either standard loom or velvet loom depending on recipe). And then ta da!
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

Temi

Tue May 02, 2017 10:14 pm

This has been suggested, but I'm afraid we're not really prepared to make these items cheaper, since they're supposed to be imported luxuries.

Delphine

Tue May 02, 2017 11:42 pm

Fair enough! I just thought I would suggest it all the same :) I feel it would still be a decent trade off with having to put more time and MV into actually weaving it yourself, but I definitely understand the whole import thing!
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

• Information