Roles needing to be filled, presented as options to new PCs

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Gooseberry

Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:39 am

At the OOC chat yesterday, some players repeatedly mentioned that there are not enough professions filled, such as Troubadours, Thieves, and Clergy, etc.

I know about the Census command, but it doesn't really show what is "missing" or needs more of.

To bring more balance into TI, why not offer a file to each new PC, with professions that are in desperate or moderate need of filling, which the player could have as a possible option?

Geras

Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:14 pm

I think that would work for Troubadours, but I think it could be a real headache for the Thieves and Order. A bad or off theme priest or thieve can cause real damage.

Gooseberry

Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Geras wrote:I think that would work for Troubadours, but I think it could be a real headache for the Thieves and Order. A bad or off theme priest or thieve can cause real damage.
Ah. What about trade roles? Umm.. I hope I can delete this topic I started. I don't think a noob should provide Ideas without really experiencing the game in all its embodiment.

Geras

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:46 am

I think it's a good topic Gooseberry. And I think trades would be a great one to be able to apply into at creation.

Zeita

Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:15 pm

Absolutely agreed on this. Some sort of automatic calculation could be done to see if a guild is presently understaffed and if so, give it as an option to take on chargen. I wouldn't refuse thieves and Orderites, but if it is a concern- perhaps some sort of requirement for RP hours on your overall account ahead of time so that the player has at least had an opportunity to immerse themselves in theme somewhat?

For me personally, I'm also RP time poor and I generally want to get straight into the sort of RP meat that a mid-to-senior role can have that a recently guilded newbie generally can't IMO.

• Information