Wax Seals

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Andruid

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:31 am

I've been thinking lately that in addition to being able to slip paper objects under doors (suggested in another thread), it would be cool if we could actually seal -- with wax -- envelopes and letters whose contents we want to protect, thus being able to tell whether they've been read or not already. This could open up avenues for PC messengers, leaving notes in secret places, and increasing the intrigue overall. Might be some other benefits, too, like helping one keep track of which letters they've already read in their inventory, etc. Maybe when trying to consign or junk a letter with an unbroken seal, the game could warn you that you're about to destroy a letter that hasn't been read yet (I know I've destroyed a few by accident thanks to keyword juggling).

A possible use for the Forgery skill would be to break and reapply a seal without it being obvious, or to determine if a letter has been broken and resealed by someone else.

chronodbu

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:41 am

I really like this idea.

Maybe even make it so the seals are personalized like how the merchant marks work when they stamp their work.

Misstery

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Great idea, I fully support this addition.

Zeita

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:40 pm

I love this idea, +1.

Silrie

Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:02 pm

This idea is awesome. Plus another 1 over here!

• Information