Making plate armor viaalbe on-duty walking gear

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Puciek

Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:52 am

Hi there,

Just to repost my idea from general discussion, as it got lost there in sea of other topics:

It may also be a case where we should look into adjusting the weight of plates (as in plate and chain armors). In medieval times a complete plate armor would wear about 20 kg (more if made of poor quality steel), which for anyone with reasonable condition and strength (I would say 60+) should not make much of an issue to wear, especially since it is nicely spread about your whole body, not just hanging like a backpack. Maybe average of str + con could be used to modify mv impact from heavy armors, so the strong and well built men (85+ in both) would barely lose any extra mv due to the heavy armor they carry? This would make it viable on-duty gear, without the need of a horse or inability to, well, do even basic patrols when wearing the heavier armors, while at the same the leathers would still be good for those not gifted with a sturdy frame.

As an update: this should not help with faster paces of movement, so if you decide to jog/run in full plate, I would imagine that most of this bonus would disappear as they were build for walking and fighting, not as much for long-distance running.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

• Information