Swallow

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:08 am

Okay, this will be one of my grosser ideas, but how about a swallow command?

Would work on items of size "tiny" that are not edible, and will hide the item from your inventory for a number of IC days, at the cost of damaging the durability of the object. It could be brought back early with a dose of Stomach's Purge. (Or by killing and butchering the swallower ;)

Niamh
Discord Handle: Niamh#3824

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 pm

....Ahem.

Rothgar

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:48 pm

I like this idea a lot! To play devils advocate, however, how would it differ from the current "hide" command? It would be undiscoverable until the item passed, or was otherwise regurgitated?

I feel like this would add a lot of interesting roleplay for thieves. Would love to hear more thoughts about it.
Rothgar Astartes, Fyurii Rynnya, Nils 'Smith' Mattias, Edward Darson, Curos Arents.

Taunya

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Exactly, yes. Undiscoverable, and can't be taken, stolen, or interacted with while it's in one's gut.

To limit it so one doesn't just routinely re-swallow items once they've passed through (Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww), it should damage the durability of the item a bit, maybe by 1/4 of its max. And they'll need to be tiny objects, (or maybe up to small, I'd have to get an idea of how big small objects are), and perhaps be of certain material types- things made from plant, paper, etc that wouldn't make it through wouldn't work, but metal, glass, etc could?

Ani

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:39 pm

I like the idea... um... As for thieves? You don't want a ring found? Swallow it. Anyway... It is a gross idea but it seems logical, especially for the thieves like Rothkar said. I was about like Niamh when I read the subject. And then I giggled. I do agree though that you shouldn't be able to swallow anything bigger than a pinny or smaller than an earring? just bouncing ideas off my own head.

Kuzco

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:23 am

It should damage the player's health. Perhaps permanent CON damage. You swallow GLASS, you'll suffer the effects for the rest of your life, if you even survive the ordeal.

Niamh
Discord Handle: Niamh#3824

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:04 am

Added to talking points.

• Information