Item "Quality"/Durability

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:10 am

Objects would have a durability rating (as is coming in with new combat). If non-metal, the object will lose 1 durability point per day that it is ICly worn. When it reaches 0, the object will be unwearable until repaired and dropped into the owner's inventory to either be taken to a merchant or self-repaired.

The reasoning for this is following:

1) looking for ways to get people to change their clothing once in awhile and make multiple outfits worthwhile
2) to differentiate merchant bought EQ as higher quality than stuff just bought in stores as merchant template eq would have a higher durability.
3) more ways to legitimately cycle money through the system

What this is specifically NOT to do is destroy equipment or beloved items as anything affected by this should be repairable.

Enix

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:58 pm

This sounds goo and all, but let us ALSO keep in mind people like freeman only earn 50 silver a week. Perhaps a slight raise in pay to differentiate this? Making it possible to afford such outfits? I see it unfair to ask it of the merchants to lower prices, since that really is an RP thing, not code wise

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:27 am

There's a blacksmith repair skill, but I'm thinking for this, we should pull out a mending/darning skill that may be a non-guildskill. I'm not certain merchants should have a monopoly on this, rather it would be limited on the number of people learning it because of learn master slots.

I think in this era many people could sew, etc.

• Information