Contacts

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

jcbutterrtoast

Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:10 am

I was rummaging through the IP helpfiles when I happened to stumble upon the word "Contacts". Struck by a sudden bolt of inspiration, I attempted to bring up a Contacts helpfile-to no avail. And now I'm practically drooling over this wonderful, brilliant idea that has yet to be implemented.

BUT WHY?

Contacts would open up a HUGE realm of possibilities-Are they NPC's? Player-controlled characters? Sneaky informants in the Brotherhood? Bribed Nobles in the Court? *breathing heavily* Mages? Demons? The hobo that lives next door? A secret, covert Guild run by NPCs and/or PCs? Immortals?! *pauses momentarily and gasps for breath*

I need to know what this magnificent word entails! It could make Influence Points a lot more immersive and totally worth the effort it takes to acquire them. If anyone has any suggestions regarding "Contacts", please post!

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:41 am

I sort of like the idea, but how would they work? RPA only?

jcbutterrtoast

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Kinaed wrote:I sort of like the idea, but how would they work? RPA only?
I was hoping that it would be a mix of RP and tangible rewards. For example:

You're a smith in the Merchant's Guild who wants to get a leg up on the competition, and so you spend a X amount if IP to hire a contact for a week to give you inside information on your rival's newest recipes, designs, merchandise, etc. If your contact is successful*, then for the next week you earn an extra X amount of money when selling you merchandise, and your rival makes X amount less money when selling theirs.

*Chances of success could either be completely random, based on the job at hand, or based on the amount of IP spent

The specifics would be decided on with Immortals OOC, and then RP'd by the player (:

Tell me what you think!

Dice

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:16 pm

This COULD be similar to letting folks buy RPA with IP, which I like.

• Information