[Rejected] Replace Desc Notes with a semi-OOC Memoir

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Remove the desc notes system.

Create a special ledger for each player that only their character can read that is no_theft, etc, for the player to write down and keep their character's memoirs. Just like desc notes, some specific items must be included for policy reasons, like desired pks, etc. Letters and so on can be transferred there as well.

This journal would never run out and could become as large as entries allow.

On the character's death, the memoirs are archived for possible future use in-game and a copy of the character and the memoirs made available to the player via email.

Estelle

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:23 am

The problem with this is that the killer of a person would know EVERYthing about that person... and in some cases, a lot of stuff that they probably shouldn't about others. E.g. Rubeus or Tenebrae gets caught, every single person in their guild gets outed (because you NEED to write those notes for OOC policy purposes). I personally do not find this conducive RPwise, although I do wish people used journals ICly more (okay, I'm personally guilty of not doing so, too >.>).

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:20 pm

The 'semi-OOC' part is that it wouldn't be readable by anyone other than an imm and the PC who owns it, as stated in the original post.

• Information