Two new void spells (mayb in place of some existing ones?)

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Madyriel

Thu May 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Puciek wrote: Well, brains function the same way. And if they are indeed shielding somehow (lets assume that it's just a black box) then why not put it outright in think helpfile that it can be overheard by mages? Level the playing field for newbies too. Really I will be happy with either adjusting it, so the fact of mind reading becomes public to everyone so they can "shield themselves" too or adjusting it so thinking will become mandatory when entering any type of deception.
The purpose of my suggestion was to provide an alternative to making an OOC issue out of people's IC behavior (i.e. lack of incriminating thoughts), not to introduce some new theory or skill to the game.

I'm just suggesting that there are other ways to deal with the issue without making OOC assumptions about their IC behavior, as there may well be other valid explanations.

Geras

Thu May 09, 2013 4:23 pm

My thinking has always been that Auspex only really captures "surface" thoughts. You hear what's on the top of someone's mind, but you don't have the ability to poke and prod and go deeper.

Edit: Which Dice already pointed out. Oops.

Geras

Thu May 09, 2013 4:28 pm

How about a thought reap sort of spell Az? Like say you drop an item (that decays after a certain period) into a room and are able to hear the thoughts of people in that room until the item decays?

Onyxsoulle

Thu May 09, 2013 5:25 pm

On a long dead toon I played when i first started, an ic explanation was given for Auspex.
It only reads surface thoughts, so it's totally feasible that you wouldn't know EVERYTHING that's being thought. However, I do agree it's really powerful for being you're very first spell, I wouldn't complain if it was bumped up a circle or two to account for it.

Leech

Thu May 09, 2013 5:39 pm

I haven't played a mage, but from what I hear about it it sounds pretty alright as a beginner spell. Obviously if there is a player wanting to make it MORE powerful, and nobody has complained about it so far, it doesn't need to be bumped up further out of reach.

I think I say this a lot, but I like it how it is. I'm so conservative. But, again, I've never played a mage, so... not the best source of opinion.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat May 11, 2013 1:29 am

Thinks immediately bonus your XP earning rate for approximately 10 minutes. Try it and watch the RPxp gain prompt, it'll usually go up.

Puciek

Sat May 11, 2013 1:39 am

Kinaed wrote:Thinks immediately bonus your XP earning rate for approximately 10 minutes. Try it and watch the RPxp gain prompt, it'll usually go up.
You can already move it to rejected and lock it, especially with Az response ;).
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Onyxsoulle

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:19 am

I like the idea of Ariel's(Aquiel's?) Stalker, dropping Auspex on a single person for x amount of hours would be interesting.

However, I'll have to agree with others against invader. I use desc notes for alot of things, mainly as a notepad Imm's can check if need be, since some of the stuff is sometimes ooc knowledge.

However(again), having invader let you read notes people have on their remember list(I use this from time to time, though not always, don't know about other people) could sometimes be useful. The notes I'm referring to are when you type 'remember (remembered name) (message)' which the system says "you will remember this information", and you can refer to this when you want.

Another thought that occurred to me while writing this, what if Invader just let you see a person's skills? Plenty of people have skills they do not want people to know about, not exactly overpowering information, but definitely useful.

• Information