Let us set bruises!

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Puciek

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Sometimes a scene requires certain bruising as result. although actual combat may not have been involved. For example you roleplay falling down the stairs because someone left you a banana peal on there.

So why not let us bruise ourselves in way we want to suit the rp? As simple as it is, you type bruise <location> <type> <dunnowhateleseisthere> and ta-da, you are now officially hurt!

It's not a big thing, but it is a handy one. Especially with so cool bruises system that is here in TI.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

SlyViolin

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Would these bruises be treatable like combat bruising is?

Initially, I'm a no for this. It's not something that needs to be hard coded in. RP getting the bruise.. Rp the bruise. We're already pretty lucky here that we can split our descs into paragraphs so why don't you just tack on a description of the wounds/bruises into your desc?

Puciek

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:21 pm

SlyViolin wrote:Would these bruises be treatable like combat bruising is?

Initially, I'm a no for this. It's not something that needs to be hard coded in. RP getting the bruise.. Rp the bruise. We're already pretty lucky here that we can split our descs into paragraphs so why don't you just tack on a description of the wounds/bruises into your desc?
Because sometimes an rp non-combat action should cause actual harm, the same you get from combat.
Yes, i can rp around it with a wound, but why not utilize this fantastic system we have in place with limbs, bruises and such? What is the downside?

Cellan

Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:25 am

The down side is, frankly, that it hard codes another tweak in the system that we don't really need. I'm with Sly, here: there's much to be said for doing this stuff through RP. At the end of the day, we don't really -need- this. I'm fine with just RPing non-coded bruises/sickness/whatever without typing in a code to make it happen.

SlyViolin

Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:08 am

If each use of the system is recorded to avoid twinking and descnotes required.

Puciek

Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:30 am

SlyViolin wrote:If each use of the system is recorded to avoid twinking and descnotes required.
You mean so people don't just create own bruises to then tend to them? This can already be arranged by for example killing rats. What other twinking could come out of it?

Leech

Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Puciek wrote:What is the downside?
Time.

Time that Azarial can be using to code in poisons and cures. >.>
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Puciek

Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Leech wrote:
Puciek wrote:What is the downside?
Time.

Time that Azarial can be using to code in poisons and cures. >.>
If issue is time, then you put it on the bottom of the list, waiting for slot to be available. Just because we don't have time to implement it now, doesn't make it a bad idea.

SlyViolin

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Just curious, why aren't you satisfied with appending your own description? That way people can just look and see them instead of having to look wounds or assess.

Puciek

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:16 pm

SlyViolin wrote:Just curious, why aren't you satisfied with appending your own description? That way people can just look and see them instead of having to look wounds or assess.
Because I would much rather use actual coded bruises, that have effect on your character (like bruise on leg makes movement harder) than just using extensive descriptions, diremotes and such to make up for it.

• Information