Make award anonymous

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Empheba

Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:34 am

I suggest to make the "award" mechanic anonymous ... i.e. so it says "You were awarded X QP, Reason: ..." rather than putting the awarding characters name there.

My motivations are as follows: When I award someone (i.e. another player) for good RP I don't want them to feel they have to "return the favor" to me. Vice versa, if someone awards me for good RP, I feel like a arse if I just take it and walk away - am I then not implicitly telling them that I didn't think their RP was as good as they thought mine was? Making it anonymous makes the award more "genuine" in my view (well you can always write in the reason who it's from, but then that's your choice).

True, if there are only two people in a scene it might still be obvious who awarded you, but the award could be from an Imm watching too, so there is at least some degree of doubt.
Empheba

Temi

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:49 am

I thought there was an anonymous option, though it seems to have run off somewhere. That may be something worth looking at again.

However, I would like to assure you that you don't need to feel obligated with anything regarding QP. There is no expectation of returning QPs when you receive them from another player and most people don't. It doesn't say anything about a lack of value for their RP, and I think that some people have a personal policy of 'well, you got the qp in first, so I guess you win this time!'.

• Information