Bandages Recipe

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Staub
Discord Handle: Staub

Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:55 am

Ah. It hurts my soul when the only way to make bandages is to tear apart clothes.

So, for my emotional well-being, I suggest a receipt of bandages.

If you use colorful cloth scraps there's actually a good reason to use them; it'd be nice if we could donate our trash instead of stacking it into a neat pile and ignoring it forever.
Also it means that making bandages with the low low npc prices isn't utterly useless.

I'd say put it in Tailor or in Medicine - or in both?
Praise the Bolt!

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:29 am

While this might not change a need for a dedicated recipe for Medicine folks, as an FYI/workaround in the meantime the following is functional.

Name : (1649) Patchworked Cloth - Tailoring (Rank 5)

Utilizes: 3x a scrap of colored cloth snipped clean of any fraying edges.

And produces: an even, patchworked segment of various, lightweight cloths.

PC tears an even, patchworked segment of various, lightweight cloths into shreds, making bandages.

Inventory: ( 4)a bandage torn from linen

So you currently can use those scraps (though indirectly) to create bandages. :)

Also, you can create bandages out measures of wool and linen cloth and from handkerchiefs you can forage.

mystry

Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:25 pm

Starstarfish wrote:
While this might not change a need for a dedicated recipe for Medicine folks, as an FYI/workaround in the meantime the following is functional.

PC tears an even, patchworked segment of various, lightweight cloths into shreds, making bandages.

So you currently can use those scraps (though indirectly) to create bandages. :)

Also, you can create bandages out measures of wool and linen cloth and from handkerchiefs you can forage.
I do wish there was an actual legit bandage recipe, but I also find it hilarious how a doctor can pick up a dirty, ragged handkerchief from the street gutter and say "Yeah, this'll do".

Puciek

Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:49 pm

mystry wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:25 pm
Starstarfish wrote:

I do wish there was an actual legit bandage recipe, but I also find it hilarious how a doctor can pick up a dirty, ragged handkerchief from the street gutter and say "Yeah, this'll do".
The concept of dirt making it worse doesn't exist in TI times, actually opposite is more often true where rubbing various vile things into wounds was prescribed, cow dung was particularily popular in some areas. What wrong is a soiled rag compared to that.

Re OP: I don't mind but honestly we already have way too many nobody-wants-it clothes around, and turning them to scraps provides all the bandages the world could ever possibly need for... years.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Geras

Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:41 pm

Foraging intensifies

Seriously did not know this.

• Information