Guild Exemptions for City Metrics

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

galaxgal

Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:51 am

Sparkles wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:39 am
Geras wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:09 pm
It cuts both ways. For someone who owns a p-shop that caters to a specific guild, being cut off from half or more of your clients can be rough.
I'd honestly caution against anyone designing and running a pshop that is meant to cater to people of only one particular Guild. That's going to have very limited draw for sales and RP.
The whole point of this suggestion is to make Guild-specific shops less of a losing proposition.

When was the last time a woodworking store stocked instruments? Or a blacksmith swords?
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Sparkles

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:51 pm

When was the last time a woodworking store stocked instruments? Or a blacksmith swords?
But is that actually because of Metrics or code? I feel like pshops don't get stocked with 'on the shelf' items a lot, like swords, instruments, clothes, furniture, more 'permanent' items less because of coded restrictions or issues but because of the collective community expectations towards stringing and aesthetics.

IE - a lot of people expect or want custom made things and most crafter work is done via RP or mailing rather than via shopfronts. How often people do have things out for sale will people not buy them if they aren't 100% spot on for string desires? How discouraging is people not buying your stuff to budding crafters?

plague
Discord Handle: plague#6022

Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:03 pm

galaxgal wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:51 am

The whole point of this suggestion is to make Guild-specific shops less of a losing proposition.

*raises hand*
"I stocked swords," spoke the ashes.

galaxgal

Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Sparkles wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:51 pm
But is that actually because of Metrics or code? I feel like pshops don't get stocked with 'on the shelf' items a lot, like swords, instruments, clothes, furniture, more 'permanent' items less because of coded restrictions or issues but because of the collective community expectations towards stringing and aesthetics.

IE - a lot of people expect or want custom made things and most crafter work is done via RP or mailing rather than via shopfronts. How often people do have things out for sale will people not buy them if they aren't 100% spot on for string desires? How discouraging is people not buying your stuff to budding crafters?
Regardless of the root cause, adding another exemption for Guild specialties merely, in theory, encourages them to exist a little bit more, and makes some thematic sense.

And let me go on the record as someone who honestly detests having to order custom strings on everything. I'd much rather visit a pshop and encounter random RP there if another customer or shopkeeper happens to be present.

(I don't like the OOC atmosphere around the game economy overall the more I engage with it, but that's not today's topic. Merchants constantly being under expectation to fill custom orders for little profit is part of that though.)
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

• Information