A toggle to disallow drunkenness decay

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

plague
Discord Handle: plague#6022

Wed May 13, 2020 12:10 am

Sometimes you have high CON and you want to be drunk.
Sometimes the posts are taking too long and it's unreasonable for you to drink an entire cask of vodka in one night without falling unconscious.

It'd be nice to be able to turn off drunkenness decay temporarily. A lot of times the OOC timer for me being drunk just doesn't make sense in the IC circumstances; literal seconds might pass and I've spent thirty minutes recovering from a shot.

Toggle! Lemme toggle my sober meter!

Geras

Wed May 13, 2020 12:22 am

Maybe it should decay like a real liver processing alcohol - 1 drink per hour for men and 0.75 for women, though I'd say 1 for both men and women makes more sense in our setting. More body mass can make it take more to get drunk IRL but it doesn't speed up clearing the alcohol from your system.

plague
Discord Handle: plague#6022

Wed May 13, 2020 12:25 am

Regardless of specifics, I just think allowing the player to be able to voluntarily turn off the rate at which they sober (something which will have a negative effect on them and only them) for the purposes of the RP they're in is a fun RP tool that supports people Getting Krunk when it makes no sense for them to be sobering up.

Deedee

Wed May 13, 2020 12:26 am

I think it would be a good thing to add to the tolerance system, when tolerance is actually functional.

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Wed May 13, 2020 8:03 am

There is nothing that says you have to RP that the effects are gone the moment code says they are. If you are in a slow scene, I see no issue in you continuing to be drunk.
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

• Information