Idle Kick

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:43 pm

Can we please expand idle kick to include things like GL offices or areas behind xblox?

We have a number of folks who in all love can DC/idle fairly often and leaving them trapped somewhere or having to wait on line for them to come back with the new no staff rescue policy can get a bit sticky at times.

Buzz K[ir]ill

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:23 am

I haven't heard about this policy, yet.

Due to the nature of xblocks and how they can be applied (both to individual rooms like offices or as gateways to broader areas), I am guessing this would probably be tricky to fully implement. Though, I can definitely understand the frustration with people idling out or going linkdead without warning...

In the meantime, if you're having trouble in a specific location often, a mobprog *might* be able to handle this scenario, but perhaps not very gracefully. I don't know if they can trigger on voidins or logins specifically, but if they could (or at least trigger on the standard outputs), and could then check for grouped status, it might be sufficient for your purposes. Worth asking staff, I suppose?

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:44 am

I'm confused regarding what this post is about.

Staff should be willing to move a person who is trapped, provided they are not being kept prisoner.

We have given people the ability to remove *guests* in their owned locations who have idled out. For example, if Bob complains Jane lost link in his house, but Bob can force Jane to follow him, then deposit her outside of his front door (or in a swim room if he's a jerk, so don't idle out!). Given Bob can remove Jane from his phome, staff do not assist Bob with this anymore.

However, if Bob were to lose link with Jane in his phome, staff would ask Jane if she is a prisoner, and once assured that she is not, would remove her from the location.

Likewise, we have no policy that people must quit or stay, so I don't get anything about policy around that either.

Buzz K[ir]ill

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:49 pm

I didn't know about that force follow command. Neat!

Unfortunately, I don't think it works on players who have idled out? Sounds like the concern is that once they've idled out, you're stuck waiting for them to return or you have to trust staff will be around to trans them out -- and that they won't rifle through your office desk beforehand in your absence.

Starstarfish
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:11 pm

Unfortunately, I just discovered force follow doesn't work if the person in question is sitting.

So it might need a force stand as well to force the other person to stand if that's required to make them move.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:39 am

Thanks for the clarification. I'd bug that it doesn't work when sitting and double check if it doesn't work when AFK/IAW, and if not, bug that too.

• Information