Option for stripping off embellishment extra descs

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

-+[-__-]+-

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Or, "All my bacon tastes like licorice."

Is it possible to code in an option for removing special extra descriptions from items? I really like the system but there are times where the appended information detracts from the finished product in my opinion.

The example I'm using is fine spices. Let's say I make fine spices from anise and rosemary, and my final dish is rosemary pepper bacon, then you eat it and it along with the pure poetry that is the @taste you see....
The sweet scent and flavor of anise brings to mind licorice.

Yes, it's possible to avoid using anise to make the spices, but what if in the future ALL herbs have cool embellishment descs?

It would be nice if crafters could remove these code-appended descs if they don't fit their vision for the item. Maybe just allow toolable items to have them removed like normal extra descs, e.g. tool bacon ed delete embellishment or whatever the special descs are called. This should avoid the problem of players accidentally removing more important code stuff like @uses and applys, etc.

Taunya

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:41 pm

Ahh, so that's what the question on visnet before was about. Yeah, makes sense to me.

-+[-__-]+-

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Alternatively, how about adding options for sale that have special appraises?

Example:

[##] [Price Qty ] Item
[ 1] [ 15 --- ] a pinch of fine spices (generic item, no extra appraise)
[ 2] [ 16 --- ] a pinch of fine spices heavily favoring anise (item adding anise-flavored embellishment)

Maybe just add one or two specialty stores to corral all the different spice options.

• Information