Ice

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:49 pm

Would be neat to be able to harvest blocks of ice in the winter, and further break them into cubes that can be used to embellish drinks, or used to make something like ice cream. The cubes should have a very short decay time, with full blocks a little longer. Or perhaps have blocks of different sizes, that decay into smaller blocks until they melt to nothing.

Not sure whether it'd be better to tie the harvesting of ice in with forage, or make it something similar to woodcut, with nodes in water areas similar to the cuttable trees.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:12 am

Maybe the Ice bar in the Idiora could also sell them?

And to be fair to all the spoopy folks out there, if ice starts to have a crafting function, seems like a thing maybe a spell should be able to create.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:27 am

Starstarfish wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:12 am
And to be fair to all the spoopy folks out there, if ice starts to have a crafting function, seems like a thing maybe a spell should be able to create.
Would love to see Water get a spell similar to Earth's that can restrain folks, or block exits, using a wall of ice.
Lurks the Forums

Taunya

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:16 am

There's already an ice wall spell to block exits! And you can attempt to bash through them and break your arm.

I like the idea of mages being able to conjure up ice for the crafting idea.
Almost as good as my idea of hexing servants to keep my drinks chilled.

• Information