Wake

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:13 am

The change to the wake command is giving me a lot of trouble. Here's my suggested compromise:

There's several positions- sleeping, resting, sitting, and standing. Wake could move the position up by one: if you're sleeping, you'll wake up and rest. if resting you'll sit up. if you're sitting, you'll stand up. If you're standing, no change.

Kuzco

Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:43 am

That's good and I like it.

Buzz K[ir]ill

Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:20 pm

I don't understand. Why would you wake from resting or sitting?

You can use 'stand' while sleeping. This will wake you up, look at the room, and place you in a standing position, all in one.

Taunya

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Wake is much easier to type than stand.

And years of playing have coded it in me that wake=stand, so I'm continuously laying down instead of standing up, or all of my retainers suddenly drop to the floor when I intended to make a few stand up.

This is just a suggested compromise- I'm not the only one the change has caused trouble to.

-+[-__-]+-

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:44 pm

If this can't be done or might take some time to get around to, consider using the in-game alias system? "alias wake stand" and you're good to go!

Taunya

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:46 pm

"Your current aliases are: (30/30)"
I'm kind of a alias nut.

Anyway, setting an alias won't help much for ordering retainers, and will just reinforce old habits. If the idea's doable, would be better for all I think.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:14 am

My only concern here is new things not being added or changed that IMHO add to quality of life for RP for everyone because its trouble to learn something new.

You could add aliases client side to help?

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:41 am

If you're not happy with the change, it wouldn't be too hard to keep track of these things client-side and create an alias to fix them that way. I definitely like the change.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

Taunya

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:43 am

The recent change has been from making 'wake' a system alias to 'stand' to an alias to 'rest'.

I'm not asking it to be reverted, as typing 'wake' while you're sleeping and immediately getting to your feet might not make sense, but neither does typing 'wake' while you're sitting and immediately laying down. ...Well, maybe it makes sense some mornings. *yawns and goes back to bed*

The suggested change would behave almost exactly as expected for everyone, new or old. If you only want to use 'wake' to open your eyes while still laying down, it will do that. If you always used 'wake' to stand up if you were sitting, it'd do that still, too. But wake while resting gets a compromise and moves up to a sit instead.

If the idea isn't feasible, I'll just get used to it most likely, it would be too difficult making client-side aliases for every use of wake.

LonelyNeptune

Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:45 am

I really don't have problems with the change. Just type 'stand'.

• Information