Sharable recipe templates

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:49 am

At the OOC chat, some suggested that this could also be a way for customers to give their custom orders more easily to crafters, without straying into OOC communication to pass the strings along, or having to hand them over unfinalized for the customer to string it themselves.

Buzz K[ir]ill

Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:21 am

As I mentioned at the chat, it could also make things easier for our blind players, who often have trouble with complicated orders involving color codes.

I'm envisioning something like "a thin, translucent sheet of parchment for crafting designs" which can be filled out using something close to the normal tooling system and into which you can put any usual tooling info, including short, long, keywords, etc. Except the item itself always uses its own short and long descs and keywords, so that it always appears as a "design" item and not whatever is tooled on it, and looking at it always reveals the tooling information, so that you know what it's for. Then, when the player is ready to apply the design, they use a special tooling command, which transfers all the tooling info from the design onto the product, which can then be finished like normal.

This would mirror cloning in many ways, but without actually tooling a paper object to literally look like a sword, and would keep things IC as real paper objects/designs. Maybe artists could craft the design sheets themselves. It would also be great if the sheets acted like paper in that they could be inserted into ledgers and saved there for later review, posted to boards, etc.

Buzz K[ir]ill

Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:28 am

(I think part of what I was trying to say there is that I don't think it necessarily needs to be complicated with a POLCA system.)

• Information