automatically mark note as read after written and edited

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Hansel

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:35 am

When we write or edit a note, it appears as 'unread' in the note list, until we effectively read it. I have the feeling that this default behaviour tend to make some note disappear from our attention. Ie, there's no coded difference between a note we were the last person to edit, and a note which has been edited by someone else after us.

I believe that, if note were automatically mark as 'read' once written or edited, 1) we would'nt have a bunch of note mark as 'unread' while we know their content, 2) we would notice more easily all content added by others players in a note.

I hope to be clear (but I fear I am not). :)

Zeita

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Probably not a priority, but seems logical to me as an improvement to the current setup.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Alas, I rely heavily on the basic functionality as a staff member to have conversations with players within notes, make sure I see other people's changes, and to know players have seen me when I've edited a note. I can write a new note, but editing an existing note is excellent in terms of keeping a conversation coherent.

If this thread is meaning that if *I* edit a note, it be considered read by *me* only, however, that's a different story. I agree it's a bit annoying to re-read a note I just read 5 times whilst trying to update it. :)

Temi

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:52 am

Yes, they are only asking for the 'unread' flag to not be automatically be turned on for things they write/edit. Not note targeting to remove replies or anything!

Hansel

Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:42 am

The idea is supposed to improve visibility of unread notes. I have in fact the feeling that some people don't re-read the note they edited, and don't rely on the 'unread' flag.

Niamh
Discord Handle: Niamh#3824

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:28 am

Added to talking points.

• Information