Removing Branches From Decay

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Haley Rose

Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:13 pm

Can forageable branches of wood be removed from the list of objects that decay? They seem to be primarily used for fires right now, and even old, dried out wood is good for firewood. Better, in some cases, so it does not make, to me, much realistic sense that wood would decay like plants, flowers and food does.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:51 pm

I think most inexhaustible objects need to decay to keep major build-up from happening in game. This is for real life physical reasons. Bob keeping 1,000 sticks in his house or inventory uses memory and disk space. Alas, I literally pay for our storage allotment, so we do limit players and do things to limit object proliferation, particularly for low value, duplicate objects.

Haley Rose

Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:03 pm

Are they really inexhaustible though? I suppose, but you can only forage so many since, to my knowledge, rooms aren't repopulated until the next day since there's not a reboot every day?

But I understand where you're coming from just the same. I didn't think of the bloat issue. Might it be possible to extend the decay limit though? 30 IC dayas is round abouts a little less than an ooc week. Can it be a full ooc week just to make keeping track a little easier maybe? I always find myself going "huh?" when a decay date is listed in IC dayas alone since it then requires math. XD

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Yes, they're inexhaustible because they're created by an algorithm.

We can extend the decay, yep.

• Information