Reject support from people you're subverting

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

BattleJenkins

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Pretty much what it says in the title, really! Someone who supported my character recently ended up attracting enough ire and subversions (including from my character) that it tanked his approval rating from Entrenched all the way back down to Neutral, since being supported by people who are widely subverted can actually affect you negatively. Subverting this person and renouncing their support would be a helpful way for falling vitctim to really unpopular people wielding their unpopularity by supporting people to subvert them, which is currently something you can't really do anything against (aside from asking people to support this person, which... yeah.)

Dice

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Ahahaha.

Yeah, probably subverting someone who supports you should remove their support from you.

Sorry, Galen.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:01 am

I don't actually think that just because you subvert someone should cause them to be able to not support you. Just because you may subvert someone, doesn't mean they know that, and that they think negatively of you as well. I know on one my characters I secretly subvert alot of important people, mainly because the character is spiteful, but if they knew that character supported them in turn, they would be happy to abuse their blind support of them. Doesn't mean they like the person or that they have removed the subvert, they just see them as useful.

On top of that if you try and support a person, only to see your support slot not taken up, that would be a definitive "Hey, this person subverts me, how odd." or on the otherhand it would be really dickish to allow the supporting person to support them, even though it does no good yet it still takes up a slot. either way you roll it there isn't any good way to solve it without screwing someone over.
Lurks the Forums

Applesauce

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:46 pm

I'm definitely against having code reject one or the other interaction. As mentioned, it would let the other person know stuff they shouldn't automatically know. If you want them to stop supporting you, tell them directly is my vote. Or weather the effects.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:22 am

This isn't in the cards, alas, mostly for the reasons mentioned above.

• Information