Small XP gain for loitering alone in public places

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

BattleJenkins

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:18 pm

I'm definitely also down for it applying to jail cells as well - and yeah, definitely it shouldn't stack between alts either if it can be helped. And the list should be kept pretty small, to places that are not only public but also common places of gathering - I agree with Gerolf's list, but would also add the Golden Coin and St. Thea's Chocolaterie.

Zeita

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Just a quick comment regarding the common places of gathering you mentioned- if you think a room should have a public flag (and those two seem like perfect candidates!) just drop a typo note in the room to suggest as much.

I expect that implementing something like this would be easier for staff if keyed to particular existing room flags, such as public and jail.

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:38 pm

I'm not sure how easily doable this would be code-wise, but what about giving either a weekly XP bonus or QP reward to X amount of hours of RP in a public place? I'm, personally, very hesitant to reward XP for doing anything alone.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

Pixie

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:18 pm

Not fond of the idea of generating XP for sitting by yourself, even if it's just a little bit of XP. I get the feeling the number of people sitting in the Queen's or at the Crossroads completely dead to the world idle would go up tenfold, and it's already a fairly common thing (personally guilty of the Crossroads... gotta love hitting "travel crossroad" and wandering off to start the kettle or something). It may also take some of the incentive out of finding somebody to RP with through whatever means possible. I just... donno. XP for sitting alone, anywhere, just doesn't sound like a wise initiative.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:16 pm

This would inflate the XP system beyond what it could cope. We're looking at other ideas, like allowing city metrics to go up based on if the associated metric's guild members are in public rooms for a certain amount of time to 'represent' their guild in RP, etc.

• Information