Party hard

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Onyxsoulle

Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:47 pm

Sooo thanks to Ariel's party, an idea popped into my head.

There are a number of people that use and build IP(I use it minorly). Most of these people are Nobles and Gentry. IP is important to these groups. Now what these groups tend to do is throw parties. Some more than others, either way it usually winds up being fun. Parties are very social, if anyone is anyone, they go to x's party. And this is where my idea comes in.

When someone throws a party, how about they gain some IP depending on how many people show up. For my idea, I thought 1 ip per 10 people would be decent. This would lend to more people throwing parties, and fighting for IP in a non-combat style.

Love to hear feedback on this.

Cellan

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:23 am

I like this idea, but I'd be more inclined towards the "gifted" amount of IP be determined by something other the amount of people who turn up. PC attendance doesn't reflect the amount of work put in, nor the impact of the event on the city in general (we must assume that there is an ambient and NPC population who attend the events, too). Rather, I think it might be more helpful to base an IP award on impact, rather than on attracting unweildly amounts of PCs in one room.

Tremere

Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:19 am

the problem you get if you base it on 'impact' is that it is -really- subjective. Someone could say that it is very impactful, but another person may not like it and think it is boring. I am just not sure if there is a good metric to judge that.

Pixie

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:40 pm

This could be handled by people using support for party-throwers, maybe. o.o

Applesauce

Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:27 pm

You can also "influence (name) (amount) (reason)" to directly transfer your own IP to someone you feel has earned them, if you don't have particular plans for the IP yourself.

Not quite the same as a gift but it would still help the recipients. And most people probably don't use the couple of IP they incidentally earn each week from rumoring or whatever.

• Information