Visible Seeker Signs?

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Seeking signs should be visible to everyone.

Poll ended at Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:51 pm

Agree
75%
Disagree
No votes
Maybe, comments below...
25%

Total votes: 8
Inertia

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:09 pm

I was wondering if most guilds' seeker sigils shouldn't be obvious to anybody. I've done a lot of 'Hey I see you are wearing a thing! Tell me about that' in taverns and always felt kind of odd about it, like... how come the seeker's entire table didn't notice the same thing as they've been sitting with him for an hour?

The argument can be made that it's up to the seeker's player to RP about it but none of the non-covert seeky things are very subtle. A silver-flecked belt, a silver winged staff pin, colorful ribbons tied to the sleeves... It seems to me like they could make cool conversation pieces and people in Lithmore are probably pretty familiar with the various trappings worn by guild seekers.

I know this wouldn't rank very high on any to-do lists but I still wanted to suggest it as another way to help characters connect as well as promote guilds in-game. Seekers: the Bumper Stickers of Urth.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:52 pm

What does everyone else think?

Pixie

Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:23 pm

It would be a lot more RPable if they were visible to others. The only trouble we'd probably run into are characters seeking the Brotherhood. Bad juju to be wearing a pin people tend to know means thievery.

Onyxsoulle

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:10 pm

I like this idea. I've always enjoyed rping the seeker items, the covert ones included. If wanting to make it a tangible item, perhaps an npc shop?

I know it sounds weird, but having a shop that sells the seeker item for 0 silver, and only one at a time, seems kind of fun. Not to mention a central location for new players.

I'd obviously think this shop would not be hidable/quitable/spyable/etc etc to let people have their anonymity in place if they went covert.

Could also use the 'purchase' of the item to trigger a Guildchat message: 'Bobbus just purchased a seeker item for your guild!'

Zeita

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:14 pm

I would say yes, make them visible, except for covert.

Myrella

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:10 pm

It would seem to make sense since they are supposed to be visible.

Annalesa

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:21 pm

I don't know how I feel about that. I mean, there are some guilds where it makes sense like with the gaily tied ribbons for Troubadours (especially on a male, you know?). There others, though, where I question if the general public would actually know the significance enough to actually ICly notice it.

Like, is your average Joe really going to know what a petition at Court means or looks like? Is your average Joe going to know what a peace knot on your weapon is for enough to comment on it, or are they just going to assume it's a weird fashion statement? If I remember correctly, we use pins for the physician's guild. Are people going to know enough in the general population to recognize its significance, or are they just going to assume it's another piece of jewelry?

As for the the whole thing, I also have reservations about it being a thing for the covert guilds.

• Information