Traps!

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Zeita

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:08 am

I think it would be fun if we could make traps, under woodworking and blacksmithing to catch animals and people. Or, it could be put under a new hunting skill that could incorporate tracking, shelter building, etc, etc.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:32 am

I like it - how would they catch people, etc? Can you give me some trap examples?

Leech

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:04 am

Like minor and major wyrds! And maybe a command to 'show trap person' so that you can make sure your friends don't trip it. Traps could include damage, poison delivery, binding for a while, or just making sure you know somebody's been through there. I remember one of your characters had a trap in her bedroom Kin, paid for with QP, and I really liked the idea of that.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Geras

Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:26 pm

I like this idea a lot. Some magecrafted traps would be nice too. Even just something like dumping a jug of sap on someone could be useful as a low-tech equivalent of those dye packets that are used to find criminals.

Applesauce

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:13 pm

I love the idea. Good call on the various types, Leech. Here's a suggestion for the "detection" type trap, name open to suggestion:

Thread Trap: Can be placed on an exit or container. If the target is closed, the thread "breaks" if anyone opens the target. If the exit or container is open, then the thread "breaks" the first time someone passes through the exit in either direction, or gets/puts an item from/into the container. Sneaking while moving (or being in sneak mode while using get/put) gives you a chance to avoid breakage. There's no passive indication to the room that it exists, or what state it's in, and only a SLIM chance to notice while breaking it. It has to be checked with "trap check (keyword)" or whatever to determine state.

Zeita

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Some other ideas we could have:

A noise trap. Anyone triggering it causes an rpyell style echo (2 rooms all directions), thus helping to alert to nearby presence.

Staining. Puts a line on a character similar to a perfume that tells anyone sees them that they've triggered a trap.
XX is stained with dye.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:04 am

I like them, will spec it up.

• Information