the Official Website Wishlist Thread

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Nedyra

Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:29 pm

This was due to be posted a couple days ago, but things ended up happening and this didn't. As promised after the OOC chat, consider this the dumping ground for any and all things website. Already a few things have gone live, including Facebook integration - and of course, more new player blogs. Still coming down the pipe are things including:
* new blog themes
* Twitter integration
* More flexibility in forum profiles (player birthdays are already implemented as an optional feature)
* A few things I haven't worked out the specifics for yet

What I'd like to see is suggestions from the pbase at large. what could the website do with more of? Less of, perhaps? Can we be doing more to direct some of the newer folks to spend time over here? I'm looking at bringing some of the in-game content to the site itself, IC versus OOC policies permitting. Suggestions for what to include are always appreciated. You guys use this as much as if not more than I do, so I'm throwing it wide open. Part of what makes TI as good as it is is the community here. I think it's about time we do something with it.

Leech

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:03 pm

~A wiki, for a place to dump all our theme so new players have that resource available and potential new players can see it, read it, and say 'Oh! Now I want to log in!' Also, it'd be great for current players to have a place to thumb through our extensive theme without running through helpfiles. Just more resources, y'know?

~Graphical maps. I found out that I actually LOVE doing the linework for maps, after making so many for D&D, so I can potentially lend a hand here. But I'm no artist!

~More interaction on the front page. A little person you can mouse over to pyre them. More banners and (darkly themed) colors. See http://www.archeagegame.com/en/ for a great example of an interactive website!

~A rewrite of that theme snippet to be more in line with the Order's POV, and mention something about Dav's visit to the Lord of the Springs. I've brought this up a few times, and it's something still eating at me, but I'd be more than happy to write up multiple drafts for this at the drop of a dime if staff would let me.

~Typo in the Sable Masque help file in the second to last sentence (by good any Davite).
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Onyxsoulle

Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:15 pm

This is just me, because I do enjoy making possible toons to see what they'd be like, but would a character creator be possible? There are a number of times when I'd like to see what a toon would need, what they'd be able to do, etc etc, but don't want to start a new toon in game.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Dear Leech,

If you make us maps, I will be very very very very, and willing to put QP where my mouth is, grateful.

Love,
Your Kinky

PS: I'll happily replace the PoV snippet also if you kindly write a new snippet.

Kinaed

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:13 pm

Onyxsoulle wrote:This is just me, because I do enjoy making possible toons to see what they'd be like, but would a character creator be possible? There are a number of times when I'd like to see what a toon would need, what they'd be able to do, etc etc, but don't want to start a new toon in game.
Do you mean a random character generator rather than something that creates a character that you can login to in-game?

Onyxsoulle

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:16 pm

I mean something that I could make a character, then if I liked what I saw, I'd go into ti, build everything to the same stats to get the same outcome. But it wouldn't transfer directly into ti.

Nedyra

Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Alright. So here's what I've got so far:
* Wiki - this will be a pretty major undertaking, and I'm planning to incorporate some in-game aspects to it for easier reference (documentation, largely, that would be useful for newer players pre-creation). This'll be a ground-up effort, so don't expect major results right off the bat, but it's on the list.
* Character generator - There are plenty of them out there already, just none specificly designed with TI in mind. I'm leaning towards just compiling a list and sticking it on a page somewhere just on account of we're not reinventing the wheel, then. But I can potentially be convinced otherwise.
* Graphical maps - Leech, and anyone else who's interested, seriously. Do this. Approximately now-ish. Because I suck at them and want to pay you.
* Additional elements for the front page - I'll probably need to flesh this idea out more, but it's something I'll keep close at hand at any rate.

All of these are awesome ideas, and some are in the process of piecing together as I write this. If you feel like throwing more on the pile, have at it.

Kinaed

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:01 am

Just because we're dreaming here...

Our own built in client that is at least as good as Mud Portal.

We had FMUD but it was delicate and crashed a lot. What MUD Portal does that I love:

- Press up to recall a just entered command
- Leaves the command on the command line, highlighted, so you can just type over it or hit enter again
- Ability to freeze pane half the screen so the lower half keeps scrolling whilst you read something on the upper half (and being able to toggle it)
- Ability to send a command from a tick timer
- Spellcheck
- Multi-line input
-cut paste from screen

• Information