If You Crafted It, They Will Be Toolable

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Inertia

Thu May 15, 2014 3:56 am

Perhaps this is just a case of some items being overlooked but if not, I'd like to request that every item you craft default to being toolable. Since the tool all.item function exists, it should be easy enough to finish items you don't want to customize while on the other hand, if you want to add a little flavor to things like recipe components (say, perfume oils or leather), it would be nice to not have to pay extra silver for it.

Rabek

Thu May 15, 2014 3:22 pm

This makes sense, though it should not be the case with all magecrafting items. It can be abuseable in such a case.

Dice

Fri May 16, 2014 11:56 am

I'm torn on this one. When I try to manipulate things I don't expect to be toolable but are, it doesn't tell me WHY it fails (i.e., put all.leather in cabinet). It's always a moment of baffled frustration. That said, it'd be nice to separate out crocodile leather, for example, from other leathers... I guess the frustration value is relatively minimal.

Inertia

Fri May 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Dice wrote:I'm torn on this one. When I try to manipulate things I don't expect to be toolable but are, it doesn't tell me WHY it fails (i.e., put all.leather in cabinet). It's always a moment of baffled frustration. That said, it'd be nice to separate out crocodile leather, for example, from other leathers... I guess the frustration value is relatively minimal.
I think this counts as a bug actually, no? It wasn't too long ago that an error message was added/clarified for when you tried to shove something too big into a space too small.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat May 24, 2014 6:19 pm

We may need a very visible flag on objs in the tool state in inventory to let people know it's not finalized?

[tool] a long skirt with attractive embroidery along the hem

Beronica

Sat May 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Since crafted items go to floor now, perhaps just a flag in general that something needs to be finished tooling.

• Information