Five-Minute Fixes

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dice

Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:24 pm

So I was thinking about this today: I think there may be quite a few things that would be very easy to add to the game, but might improve the player experience in leaps and bounds above the time they'd take to code.

I'm calling these things "five-minute fixes" because I'm a nerd who plays a lot of bards.

I think a lot if not all of these ideas have already been suggested and/or accepted, it's just a question of priority - so I'd like to highlight ones I think are particularly needed/useful.

What I'm hoping to come of this is that small things like this that really add some ease to the player experience and are quick to do could perhaps get a day or two of Az's time explicitly scheduled high in priority - a day or two might be enough to knock them all out, with how fast he works!

ITEM MANIPULATION:

* retool show: A command to show how much it would cost to retool an item.
* retool keyword: A command that let you SOLELY change keywords on an item, not short/long. I know label somewhat already does this, but it visibly affects the short and it's easier when you just want to permanently re-keyword items that were keyworded in silly ways, without actually changing the item.
* room items: Like inv items, but gives you keywords of all items in the ROOM in case you can't figure out how to grab something.

CRAFTING:
* Some ability to see what items will pool for you. Please, please, please! Finding a way to pool affordably without making items you neither need or want has been a major bane of the new craft system for me.
* A command to check how much longer an item has until it decays. Good for keeping track of your brewing/seeing how much longer your ingredients will be good.

SKILL TRAINING:
* A way to tell when you're no longer gaining pool in combat skills, since they're capped much lower (from training, anyway) than More than you can grasp. You could keep swinging uselessly for a long, long time if you didn't know that - so instead you've got to carefully watch your pool each hit and try to deduce when it's stopped going up. Maybe just a warning on an attack when it can't pool, because pool is full.

So those are -my- five-minute fixes; others have other suggestions?

• Information