Magical Combat Tweak

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Nevermore

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:04 am

I know I've brought this up before, but I think a forum post will allow me to elaborate a little on how I believe that mattack should work.

It is true that focusing is a physically exhausting task, but it is just as exhausting mentally. At this stage, intelligence and wisdom do not affect mattack in any way, and I'd like to see it have at least -some- influence in damage, hit chance or crit chance.
Think about it: Someone who is very intelligent and fit will weave or channel magic better than someone who is just plainly fit but not quite that smart. Focusing on something -is- a mental process, and I cannot see why one's mental capacity shouldn't influence it. Stereotypically casters lean toward drawing their power from intelligence to some degree, so it would only make sense.

Any thoughts or additions? I'd like to see something happen with this!

Geras

Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:26 pm

It would make more sense for sure. Will to Power addressed this is in the past, but I guess multi-element mages are becoming increasingly rare now. Should it depend solely on INT, or the average of INT and WIS, or...?

Nevermore

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:09 am

Since I don't really know how the game calculates damage I can't say. I suppose it's up to the code-head to figure out how these stats should influence magical combat to some degree.

• Information