(northwestern corner)

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Applesauce

Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:20 pm

Would it be possible to have a toggle to turn on/off seeing the location of stuff in the room? Like the automatic (north edge) or (northwestern corner) when you look in a room. It adds considerable noise if there are a lot of items in a room, and you could always "look (item)" to see where it is in the room.

Inertia

Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:29 pm

I would be delighted by this as well. Full disclosure, I'm delighted that somebody else made the suggestion because I felt if I did, it would just appear to be my OCD talking. Maybe connect it to, or set it up like 'positions' which currently lists the positions of PCs.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:34 am

I wonder what other good suggestions you haven't made, Inertia?

I never did like those. That said, it's kinda necessary information to understand the environment. What if it were shortened or made relative to you? Eg, (ne) instead of (northeastern corner)? And if you're ne of it, then (sw)? I think the issue is that they're different text sizes and really long tags that take up a lot of real estate.

Applesauce

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:05 am

Kinaed wrote:That said, it's kinda necessary information to understand the environment
It's still available, you already see where something is in the room when you look at it. And if the scene demands understanding of where everything in the room is at once, you can toggle it on and look at the room again. (if this toggle idea is implemented, that is)

It's just spammy if you have a room with good drop actions which literally already say where stuff is in the room, and then have that OOC info tacked on at the end. Not saying remove the info, just would rather not have it forced.

• Information