[Completed] Request: Tweaking Crafting Skills

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dane

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 pm

I've been trying to grind out jeweling for some time now. I've made 44 items and my skill has risen from 30 (10%) to 30(43%). This is less than a percant per item. Granted my Int and Wis are only in the 60s, this seems far too slow for anyone to get up to grandmaster.

This is also with jeweling which probably has the cheapest grind, being able to make an item for .12 silver. Blacksmithing is far worse, the cheapest item would cost exactly 37.4 silver. Grinding with blacksmith for so little gain would -never- happen.

So I think these skills, jeweling and forge, need some tweaking in order to make the pooling reasonable. Forge also needs an item that is much smaller in unit size, I recommend one, so that some item can be made for the player to grind and get experience. That is unless the pooling is increased so much grinding won't be needed.

-Dane (Jochen, Neajar)

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:01 am

I have no problem with altering the grind rates on these, especially as silver is involved. If I recall correctly, you had said something about blacksmithing units being different than jeweling units, and that they're probably both earning about the same pool in general? Can you explain that a bit further?

In the meantime, we will work on Learn by Use rates as soon as combat is done (I think it may be finished sometime this week). I'm just working up a critical table at the moment.

Dane

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:48 am

As for Forge(Blacksmithing) and Jeweling. I suspect that they pool at the same rate. However they are different in ability to grind.

Jeweling offers a ring that is 1 unit cost to make. Now by taking the cost of Bronze Ore, breaking that down into it's units, this item costs 0.12 silver to make. Now this is reasonable as far as cost. A jeweler can make a ton of these for little cost and raise their skill. However, since crafting skills require about 1 min. to craft an item, this would take forever at the current pooling rates.

Forge(Blacksmithing) does not offer a reasonable way to raise one's skill by grinding. The smallest item (by unit cost) takes 20 units. Now, this would make that item cost (using iron which is the cheapest per unit) 37.4 silver per item. Currently, trying to grind that would cost a blacksmith *HUGE* amounts of money, not to mention the capital needed to deal with blacksmithing as it is, the raw materials are expensive to buy.

So in order to make jeweling more reasonable, I think the pooling needs tweaking. In order to make Forge more reasonable, I think a 1 unit item needs to be added, make it a ring or something; and then the pooling tweak as well.

Kinaed

Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Thank you for the clarification. We'll review the items necessary to grind in game with you when we can, and either make adjustments to them or add new ones.

We'll also check pool rates ASAP.

Regards,
Kinaed

Kinaed

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:41 pm

We're adding pool-rates in game now so we can modify them on the fly.

In the meantime, as of today, we've increased the pooling for blacksmith x4 and the pooling for jeweling x2. Please give it a shot and let us know some hardcore facts about how many items versus time, versus money, versus skill pool you're getting. Thank you!

• Information