[Completed] Turns and RPXP Gain

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Gavin

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:49 pm

You can ALL be right.

The code can poll how many people are in the room and adjust accordingly.

As in, if it's 2 folks in the room, keep the 10 minute window.

If it's more than 2, it can add a set amount of time per additional person: for instance, if there are 3 people in the room, the window can be 12 minutes. 4 people could be 14 minutes. 5 people could be 16 minutes. And so forth.

Obviously, tweak the values as you like.

We have two competing ideas here, so to speak:

(1) In scenes with 10 folks in a room, the person writing 10+ minute emotes is really holding RP up. There's no getting around that.

(2) In scenes with 3 people, all of whom are writing lengthy poses, the person taking 15 minutes between emotes means that, really, she's allowing for her RP partners to write too. 15 minutes in that case is not at all unreasonable.

My suggestion is this:
(1) Any declaration of the "turns" command sets the RPXP window to 10 minutes-- or even 5! This is generally done in fast-paced scenes where people aren't as descriptive.

(2) Outside of the "turns" command, each additional person in a room, beyond 2, adds to the RPXP counter. Maybe a minute or two per additional person.
Honestly, let me add another grump:

RPXP counters reset on reboot. Is there any way to save this so that it doesn't happen? Reboots and copyovers really distort RPXP gain during scenes. If not, so be it; but if there is, that'd be awesome.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:05 am

I think there is a balance to be struck between 'rewarding for moving at a decent pace' and 'not rewarding someone who is RPing at all because they're too slow'. I'd rather reward people who are RPing, even if they're slow, and let their RP partners decide if they have an issue with the speed. That being said, I think that the idea to scale the time based on how many people are in the room is a good idea. I also was unaware that it didn't carry over through reboots, so thanks for letting us know!

Kinaed

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:16 am

I've put a change request up for Az as follows:

1) please make rpxp timers carry over copyovers as this has been disruptive to players in RP when we reboot.

2) please scale RPxp timer based on the number of people in the room as follows:

1-2 players RPing = 20 min
3+ players RPing = # of players * 10 minutes

I've asked Az to implement the first as a matter of urgency, and the second if he believes the change won't have unforeseen consequences.

Kinaed

Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:04 am

The above changes are complete. Please let us know if you discover anything wonky.

• Information