Ability to Refresh Spells

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Argider

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:48 am

In my top-five desired improvements right now:

The ability to refresh spell durations for my buffs, like Will to Power. Right now, I have to wait until these buffs fall off/expire before I can cast the spells on myself again, which means that I end up sitting around for 30+ minutes sometimes, delaying RP so that I can refresh everything before I head into a scene - because I don't want to leave 30 minutes into a scene to go recast them.

I'm not asking for stackable spells that last forever (that would be overpowered), just for the ability to refresh the spells to their max duration (whatever that max might be according to skill level) on subsequent casts while the buffs are still in place. This seems like a basic thing that mages should be able to do, and which would improve my experience playing one a whole heck of a lot.

I feel like the code in this case is exerting too much influence over my RP schedule, if that makes sense. I can't recast my buffs and go jump into a scene, just because I happened to cast those buffs already during last night's RP and they haven't fallen off yet completely. And because they're so important, I'd rather wait 30-60 minutes for them to fall off so I can recast than go into a situation where they might fall off partway into RP.

Dice

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:16 pm

I cannot second this enough. Please, please, please, yes.

I too have done this in the past, sitting in seclusion to wait for spells to wear off so I could recast them. It's not so fun.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:03 am

Sure, doesn't bother me.

• Information