Obvious Etherpooling

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Rabek

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:11 pm

Etherpool is a cool spell. I won't spoil exactly what it does, but I think its utility would be improved immensely if either:

A. You had an invoke option to make it obvious to the target that it's been cast on them. Note: Option. I do like having it subtle most of the time.

B. A new spell is added to water that does Etherpool with the aforementioned obvious message.

Onyxsoulle

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:48 am

I agree with this, mostly. I personally think it should be obvious all the time, sorry.

Bob is standing here talking to Bob2.

An orb of water appears over bob, something coming out of the water and falling on him, then the water falling on him as well.

Something sort of like that was my idea.

Dice

Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:26 pm

I don't agree it should always be obvious; that ruins a lot of the spell's utility.

But having obvious vs. subtle would be very nice and logical.

Onyxsoulle

Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:26 am

Why wouldn't it be obvious? I mean you're teleporting something to someone else, sometimes these things are heavy(i.e.-bodies, weapons, even books). The sheer and sudden wait alone should be enough to notify something has happened. Now I'm not saying it needs to be something like I posted previously, perhaps something as simple as " Bob loses his balance for a moment", which is obvious but also easily played off.

Dice

Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:21 am

Sometimes those things are heavy - but sometimes they're not.

Etherpool can be used a lot to send messages on a piece of paper. Moreover, I think if a spell can magically place an item on someone's person/in their things, it can probably do so stealthily - the fact it does so stealthily now isn't an omission but an intended aspect of the spell.

It'd just be nice if the stealth portion could be canceled at will.

• Information