Newish Spell/RP-Friendly Breathbinder: Hand of Thandok

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Bennie

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:04 am

So I understand breathbinder, for good reason, may be seeing decommissioning as spells begin to move more towards rp-friendly spells.

As of yet, breathbinder has strong potential for devastating effect in combat, given the harm it does to certain stats. However, it also has rather documented RP use. That is, the wonderfully cool assailing of one's enemies. I'd like to see that kept in as it, in some ways, represents a more malevolent power at the mage's disposal, something which exposes just how -evil- a mage can be.

Also, its cool.

Anyways, I propose a new spell that keeps the bets of breathbinder with some tweaks and additions. I have named it, for now, "Hand of Thandok." Here is how it works.

Syntax: 'invoke [target]' (target must be remembered and online)

Upon invocation, the target receives the following message: "A dark and forboding sense of doom grips you."

At this point, a random interval passes (probably somewhere between a couple - 30 minutes) and the target receives a message. "Cold begins to creep over you as you weaken." And the target drops in fitness/MV a small amount.

Another random interval passes (again, somewhere between a couple minutes to half an hour) and the target receives the final part of the attack: "You are suddenly struck by a profound, otherworldly cold numbness that renders your limbs useless!" and the room sees "[name] becomes a ghastly pale and suddenly looks very weak." At the final attack, the target loses a significant amount of MV (spcific amount determined based on void/lunare skill). This mv is regained slowly over the defined period of effect of the spell (determined by caster's void/lunare skill). MV cannot be regained by eating food during this time.

This approach still allows for mages to unleash forces on a ranged attack with some effect on their enemies. However, the time the spell takes makes it harder to coordinate for the purposes of combat (you can't drop it and then attack since the spell takes an unpredictable time to take full effect).

Onyxsoulle

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:02 pm

The problem I see is it still is technically a combat spell, by reducing mv it affects an opponents ability to fight back.

Other than that, it seems kind of cool, although alot like Hex.

Geras

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Small point - but no more spells with Thandok in the name please. It will make another spell very hard to correctly target.

• Information