[Complete] Guildnotes

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

The addition of guild notes to TI is...

Poll ended at Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:17 am

Awesome and very important for RP.
50%
Nice to have, but low priority.
30%
Eh, whatever. Take it or leave it.
10%
A bad idea, please don't.
10%

Total votes: 10
Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:17 am

I placed this note as a tentative specification for staff to read and comment on on the staff board.

Any player feedback about this?

Code: Select all

Syntax: Guildnote <name> new <title>
        Guildnote <name>
        Guildnote <name> read <#>
        Guildnote <name> edit <#>
        Guildnote <name> delete <#>
        Guildnote <name> lock <#>
Guildnotes are notes placed on a character by a given guild. They can be placed on a character whether they are online or not. Guildnotes as pertain to a player can be read whether or not the player is online or not. Guildnotes allow guilds to keep records about their opinion of a given player and/or a memory of their activities as relates to the guild.

Guildnote <name> new <title> will add a new guildnote to the guildnotes file on any particular person (they might not need/want to be on pfiles for players to be able to read them when the char they're attached to is offline.

Guildnote <name> will list all guildnotes about a character as follows:

Order notes on Kinaed:
1) Azarial Jun 18 2013 Kinaed Likes Hornography
2) Takta Jun 17 2013 I caught Kinaed and Azarial Crossing Horns
3) Temi Jun 16 2013 Hornography isn't illegal in Lithmore

Notes:
- List is in reverse time order.
- List shows who posted, the note number, title, and date recorded.
- Guildnote <name> read <#> will display the note as such:

Azarial's note about Kinaed on Balasdes, Quintilis 20 SC 358.

I caught Kinaed watching Hornography in the unicorn pond.

Last Modified: Tue Jul 02 2013 08:09 by Azarial

Guildnotes can only be read by a member of the related guild or a staff member. Guild members must be at minimum both RANK 2 and SUBRANK 2 to see any guildnotes on a player. Any guild member of any rank can place a guildnote on a player, regardless of activity or rank. Staff members can view guildnotes by guilding themselves to the guild, in which case their rank is ignored.

When a new guildnote is added to or edited by a guild member, a an alert will go to the guildchannel as such:

[Troubadours] Guildnote "Kinaed likes Hornography" added to Kinaed!
[Troubadours] Guildnote "Kinaed likes Hornography" edited on Kinaed!
[Troubadours] Guildnote "Kinaed likes Hornography" deleted from Kinaed!

Guildnote <name> delete <#> is restricted to staff and GLs, but any guild member can edit a guild note.

Guildnote <name> lock <#> is a staff and GL command that locks a guildnote to prevent editing or deleting by anyone who is not a GL or staff member.

Staff Commands

Syntax: Guildnote <name> archive

Guild notes generally remain in game, even after a character dies, is deleted, quits, or any other activity. Staff members can elect to categorically obliterate all records of a given player (or just edit individual notes if there's appropriate IC reason, but this sort of thing would indicate someone has deliberately destroyed someone's records.

Archived notes are removed from the game and saved elsewhere for removal.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:21 am

Well in all honesty i must admit i like the idea but i mean i do not feel it is of top proirity.
It is certainly a wonderful idea and would be useful.
Lurks the Forums

Dice

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:52 am

Helpful for the Order, I think. Generally "nice but just not super important".

Rabek

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:54 am

I'm usually the killjoy with such things, so...

I feel like it would add even more annoying things to maintain like desc notes already are, and similar things can be handled with just rumors and RP and the Influence system.

Command bloat can make things messy if the command doesn't really add something not necessary and that is already covered by other things. It just makes things more confusing for newbies.

Zeita

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Yes please.

I'd like to see it, and think it would be useful- but as others have said, not a top priority.

There have certainly been plenty of times that highly public information on characters has been lost simply by the passing of time.

Leech

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:55 pm

This is for IC information? If so, I'd like to see a big colored warning in the command's helpfile.
I feel like it would add even more annoying things to maintain like desc notes already are, and similar things can be handled with just rumors and RP and the Influence system.
I don't feel that I need to 'maintain' my desc notes at all. Neither rumors, RP, nor the influence system provides any means of giving the whole guild consistent information on one person quickly and accurately.

I really would like this! It has a lot of uses, especially for thieves and orderites.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Applesauce

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:03 pm

This would be really helpful, and would provide enough framework for implementing stuff that has already been wanted for a while.

The one thing I would suggest - if you're going to restrict Delete on notes, you should restrict Edit. Otherwise someone can just edit a note to be empty or a single character, which is effectively deleting it.

Non-GLs could just add a new note with the updated info, and GLs can choose to edit or delete the duplicates.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:11 am

This is for IC information? If so, I'd like to see a big colored warning in the command's helpfile.
A warning saying what and why?

Apologies, but I think something is going over my head. I would assume it'd be for IC info only?

Geras

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:46 am

Just catching up on this thread, but can't this be accomplished through in game bulletin boards already?

Leech

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Just saying that it'd be for IC info only. And yeah Geras, but not on a global level. People always have to check back to the bulletin boards, and they're a bit hard to maintain. I also believe anybody can come tear those notes down and edit them freely? Haven't played with it for a while. Plus not many people check them often, either cause they can't or they don't have time.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

• Information