[Complete] Rewards for being online (even if idle)

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Puciek

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Well, after debating it on OOC, i guess its time to bring it to boards.

I hereby propose that we reward people for being online, active or not, on top of anything. Proposed amount was 1 silver per hour, but I think that there should also be some XP reward from it (maybe make it silver for even hours and XP for odd hours). As for amounts, i leave it to people who are more experienced with this game to make that judgment.

As a result, online count will go way higher, which is a good thing, even if it seems artificial (how do you think a person reacts when it logs to a game with 1 person online?). It will also breed more roleplay. I know that most people will shake their heads at this point, but i know from experience (with games that promote idling/logging in just for 2 minutes to click something every now and then and so on) that part of people who are supposedly idle, will not really be so. They will simply be on stand-by mode, waiting for some RP to emerge and now for most time they just turn off TI because there is 1 person online and zero chance for RP to emerge.
Now this would look a lot different if there were 30 people online, even if most are just idling, because you at least have a chance to create that rp early in the morning.

Downside? I don't see any really, reward should not be a game-breaker but a nice addition to your income.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:45 pm

I generally agree with this so long as we don't promote idling over activity. But that can be handled by adding a similar, greater reward for being active.

Puciek

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:46 pm

A bonus for every 10 hours you've spend rping which resets every 3 days! That would balance it well i think and motivate people to seek interaction (hours count 2x when rping with cyans).
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:36 am

We went with 1 silver per active, RPed hour, 1 silver per 3 non-RPing online hours.

• Information