Shady Shops

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:39 pm

It'd be nice if there was a flag imms could set for shops that would allow the to sell to people without seeing their face. I don't think it would apply to many shops, but in shady areas/shops for shady purposes it would make sense.

The Shadow

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Leech

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:47 am

Leech can haz?
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Applesauce

Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:52 am

Most or all Southside shops should be included in this, at least. There are fewer cloaks and masks in Southside than in times past, but it seems the sort of place where a shopkeeper would rather make a few silver and send trouble packing, rather than take a stand against hoods and potentially get robbed/beaten/whatever.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:40 pm

I'd like a shop solution that doesn't result in people being able to farm silver.

IE, if people couldn't just go around killing stuff and selling the results ad nauseum to the point that stores of silver would grow out of proportion to the general economy, I'd be happy to see people be able to sell items to mobs. Right now, there's no effective way to detect if a fence is buying a legitimately RPed stolen item, nor is there a way to determine that if there was a legitimately RPed stolen item, that they're not around and so easy to do in a huge abundance that it'd be farming by fencing.

In games like Oblivion where there's no player-versus-player aspect, it doesn't matter, but on TI having thieves end up with huge multiples of coin compared to a noble char is definitely problematic. Any solutions would be highly desirable, but they must address the above issue, or it isn't feasible for TI.

Applesauce

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Kinaed wrote:I'd like a shop solution that doesn't result in people being able to farm silver.
I think you misunderstood the question. We're saying you should be able to BUY from certain shops while cloaked/hooded/masked, not SELL. Currently, if you're hooded, the shopkeeper tells you they refuse to deal with you.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Yeah, I think that might need some loosening up. I wouldn't refuse to sell a hotdog to a guy if he wore a ski mask, only if he was brandishing a gun.

• Information