Security

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:02 am

Toying with an idea that rooms have 'security' levels to represent vnpcs.

Criminal acts committed in rooms with high levels of security might:

- automatically alert Knights and Reeves (depending on the act type) similar to what we get on Wiznet when a player commits a naughty deed.
- summon guard mobs into the room after a period of time

Any other ideas? Is this rubbish?

Estelle

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:19 am

I think this would be a good idea, especially in choice locations such as Church Square, etc.

However, if we implement this in many locations (ie even random streets), I think it should be balanced by a code/policy change to assist criminals/mages as well, so as not to disrupt the balance.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:54 am

What kind of things ought to balance it?

Estelle

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:18 am

Not entirely sure, really; off the top of my head, some things that I can think of will be:

1) Allowing covert guilds to install their own types of 'security' as well (ie hidden thief 'guard' mobs in logical areas, or mages)
2) Not allowing guards to attack warranted people who are cloaked, masked, and sneaking
3) Getting the bribe-escape system set up for prisoners, perhaps with discounts to account for things such as if you have a Tower key on your person, or a high combat/sneak skill, or if you are an ungagged/unnbound mage who can meditate, etc.

Those would probably only be necessary if many locations are being considered for this security, though. I definitely agree Church Square and a few other locations should get security regardless, as it really is retarded to kill someone in church square, for example.

• Information