Warrants

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Burnt

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:35 pm

New command idea: Warrant.

Okay, not entirely sure if this is a command already, and I'm not aware of it, but here's my idea, as the MUDs resident report writer. This would be a skill for guildleaders for the Order, Reeves and Knights, as well as the king. You type Warrant <Reeves/Knights/Order> and then fill in the following blanks

Name: <suspects name>

Alias: <Alias, if the suspect has any>

Description: <What they look like>

Crime: <suspects crime>

Issued By: <GL's name>

Sealed: <Yes/No if it bears the above GL's seal>

Threat level: <Low/Medium/High>

Armed: <Yes/No> with <weapon type>

Suspect is to: <Be Brought in for Questioning/Arrested on Sight/Killed on Sight>

Additional Notes: <if any>

Followed by an ooc reminded to include a desc note that death may be a likely result of the arrest (even if it's just a warrant to arrest a thief or something)

After filling in these blanks, it will mail a copy of the warrant to every knight ranked Esquire or higher, every Reeve ranked... I'm not sure, Guardsman and higher, and to Inquisitors.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:32 pm

We do have warrants, but I think your command would generally be superior to the current one (which blocks out courier use to the victim, amongst other things). We do need to give that code a bit of a facelift.

Burnt

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:47 pm

Doesn't it also lock them from their bank account? Or am I crazy?

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:39 pm

Probably. :( Just haven't gotten around to reviewing it.

Bennie

Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:20 pm

This looks much better than current code.. and I'd love to open it to more than just Reeves, though they might contest ;)

The current system, I believe, does block bank account. I think it needs a facelift too.

Geras

Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Rather than just send mail though, it'd be nice if you could type something like "warrant list" and get a list of who is warranted for what. Beyond that maybe you could put "warrant <player>" and see the details?

Though I dunno, I guess just sending mail is more IC.

I definitely prefer this from what's currently out there though. Makes warrants more RP based rather than code-restriction based.

Burnt

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Maybe have a board in the Reeves/Knights HQ where the warrants will get automatically posted, as well as have a physical copy mailed out? Or maybe I'm making things overly complicated.

• Information